Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome!

Hi there and welcome to my brand new sketch blog. It's my hope that I'll be able to put up one post a day containing at least one image. Most of these will be unfinished/WIP pieces but once in a while a finished piece will pop up here.

Anyways, to celebrate the opening of this blog I have a piece of art to share with you.


This is Sailorphaeton from my comic Shards of Phaeton. This isn't a form she has in the comic. This is based on Princess Sailormoon from "Pretty Guardian Sailormoon". I thought it would be fun to design a Princess Sailorphaeton. The pose is taken from an official Princess Sailormoon image and contains some similarities in the design such as the pearl accents and the lace. The shoulder decorations and tiara are different as are her boots. This will eventualy be coloured and she will have a sword in her hand. I haven't decided yet if I'll use her original sword (which is pretty bad ass on its own) or if I'll design a special Princess weapon for this form.

2 comments:

  1. I can tell you put a lot of work into this Pure, it's a really strong image. I like how consistent the line art is while still maintaining some varied weight. The design is really fun! Something about the right hand seems off but without seeing the reference it's hard to say. The placement and anatomy of the feet is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your art. So bold and full of feeling. :) It's great you've got a sketch blog too!

    ReplyDelete