Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sketch Sunday

A few followers! That's awesome! Welcome aboard! I'm in a happy place today, so pardon my exclamation marks.

To start off with, I generally do a weekly sketch "Sketch Sunday" for my comic Children of the Tiger. Usually, these are inked images and are occasionally coloured but not this week. I had a lot of fun drawing one of my Naga characters last night and I opted to not ink him but just go straight from rough pencil to digital painting. It was fun so I thought I'd try that with today's sketch Sunday.


As you can see, I went a bit farther than that. This is kind of what my pencil drawings used to look like, though those were mostly of anime characters. All in all, this took me roughly 20 minutes to complete.

Weirdly this one:

took about twice that long. He's also not very detailed or very complete yet. I admit, a large part of my whole "I don't want to ink him" comes from not wanting to draw in all the scales in his tail and then have to redo them digitally when I paint him.
Everyone, say hello to Kain'uras the Bold, a sort of character from one of my novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment